Rechercher dans ce blog

Saturday, January 23, 2021

Spinderella trashes Salt-N-Pepa biopic - Wonderwall

Spinderella, Salt-N-Pepa's former DJ, is blasting an upcoming biopic about the trendsetting group.

Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP/REX/Shutterstock

"Sorry but I gotta speak on this Lifetime special.., Too often, Black women who have made meaningful contributions in their industry are left out of historical narratives. Back when Salt n' Pepa was building our legacy, which is rooted in empowering women, I could not have dreamed that this same group would one day disempower me," Spin, 49, tweeted on Jan. 22. "Words cannot fully express my disappointment when I learned a decision was made to move forward with a Lifetime biopic that wrongfully excluded me from every aspect of development and production…all the while using my image throughout, given that I played an integral role in the group's story and success."

Spinderella's fallout with the group has been ugly.

In May 2019, she revealed that she'd been kicked out of the group via email. A few months later, she sued the group for fraud, alleging that she was financially stiffed for 20 years.

KCR/Shutterstock

Spin claimed she started being financially phased out in 1999 when the legendary group released its "Best Of" album. She said she was promised a third of the royalties from the album but never got them — despite getting a phone call indicating she was getting $125,000. She also alleged that she was excluded from Salt-N-Pepa's VH1 TV show that was based on the group's history. She claimed she was promised one third of the group's fee for the show but got way less than that.

TMZ also reports Spin was shocked to find out that the twosome had been paid more than $600,000 in royalties over the past decade. Spin says she hadn't received any royalty payments.

Patrick Lewis/Starpix/Shutterstock

In her Jan. 22 social media tirade, she said, "There's nothing more unacceptable than a woman being silenced by another woman. It is for this reason, I will not be supporting [the Lifetime movie.] I do, however, want to offer a huge congratulations to the talented actresses that represented us, including Monique Paul, who I wish would've been given an opportunity to share my true perspective with." 

"In reflection, I'm grateful I've managed to uphold a 30-year career of truly empowering women with my gift, against all odds," she continued. "This will continue in my work and in my service. The great news is I'm in the final stages of writing my memoir, a personal journey navigating through life, relationships, and the industry that raised me. 30+ years is a lot of content and I'm ready to share."

Producers at "Jeopardy!" are reportedly worried Katie Couric's recent remarks about Donald Trump and his supporters will turn off the show's largely conservative audience.

Anthony Harvey/Shutterstock

The former "Today" host — who's set to take over as a guest presenter on the trivia show in the wake of Alex Trebek's death — joined Bill Maher for a discussion about former President Donald Trump's legacy on the Jan. 15 edition of "Real Time."

During her appearance, Couric expressed frustration with congressional Republicans who she said seem to be, "believing the garbage that they are being fed 24/7 on the internet, by their constituents, and they bought into this big lie."

Couric added, "And the question is how are we going to really almost deprogram these people who have signed up for the cult of Trump."

She also expressed support for the outgoing president's second impeachment as well as his ban from Twitter, both of which came as Trump's comments at a "MAGA" rally were tied to the violent insurrection his supporters staged at the U.S. Capitol.

Speaking to Page Six in a report published late on Friday, Jan. 22, a "TV insider" said the veteran journalist's comments "immediately worried" "Jeopardy!" producers.

That's apparently because the show's demographic is older — the median age of its viewers is 64.2 — and "very conservative," according to the source.

"And the show has always steered clear of politics," the insider continued, noting that producers are concerned about the timing of her comments, which could spark "a backlash against her" from its key viewers.

"'Jeopardy!' viewers are quite a traditional bunch, and there's fears she might be too polarizing after this," the source said. "At the very least, she already appears to have ruled herself out of becoming the permanent host of the show."

NINA PROMMER/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock

Couric's comments have already come under fire from conservative pundits including Fox News contributor Joe Concha.

A second insider suggested similar concerns likely influenced the apology Ken Jennings gave in December for anti-Trump tweets he posted years earlier. That mea culpa came less than a month before he guest hosted the show.

"Katie will be under huge pressure to apologize also," the source predicted.

Alex Trebek, who died in November following a battle with pancreatic cancer, pre-taped a handful of "Jeopardy!" episodes shortly before his death. The final one aired Jan. 8.

Couric will be the first woman to ever host the show. Actress Mayim Bialik and NFL star Aaron Rodgers are also on tap to serve as upcoming guest hosts.

Shortly after Larry King's death was announced on Saturday, Jan. 23, Piers Morgan came under fire on social media for Twitter tribute to the veteran journalist.

MediaPunch/Shutterstock

Initially, Morgan simply shared a photo of King and the words, "RIP Larry King, 87. A television legend." But he followed up that post with a tweet that was slammed as "crass," "tasteless," and "disrespectful."

The tweet referenced bad blood between the two that began after Morgan was given King's slot on CNN in 2011, turning "Larry King Live," which King hosted from 1985 until 2010, into "Piers Morgan Live." It also included a dig at King's multiple marriages.

"Larry King was a hero of mine until we fell out after I replaced him at CNN & he said my show was 'like watching your mother-in-law go over a cliff in your new Bentley,'" Morgan's second tweet began. "(He married 8 times so a mother-in-law expert) But he was a brilliant broadcaster & masterful TV interviewer."

Twitter was so collectively irked by the post, Morgan's name briefly started trending on the platform, as users criticized him for turning the TV icon's death into an opportunity for self-promotion and insults.

"Not surprised he fell out with you, look at you trying to grab 5 minutes of fame through past association," one user wrote in the comments.

"Who does that on the day someone died???" asked another.

Many of Morgan's media peers were offended, as well.

BET host Marc Lamont told Morgan his tweet was "tasteless," and asked: "Why take personal shots at a time like this? Just say something kind. Or don't say anything. There's alway[s] that."

Writer Dave Grzybowski commented, "what a dumb a– disrespectful tweet."

Others dragged Morgan for being self-serving and inappropriate. Some of the "Good Morning Britain" co-host's fans, however, defended him.

"This is honest and you still found a way to keep it respectful. I appreciate it. Hate phony stuff," one person wrote in the comments.

Morgan agreed with the compliment.

"Me too," he wrote. "Larry hated me replacing him at CNN and never made any secret of it, which I found very sad because he was one of my heroes – but I still think he was a superb broadcaster & one of the all-time TV greats."

David Fisher/REX/Shutterstock

"Larry King Live" was CNN's "most watched program and longest-running program," according to data collected by Wikipedia.

"Piers Morgan Live," meanwhile, was canceled due to steadily declining ratings in 2014, just three years after it premiered.

King — who won two Peabody Awards, one Emmy and nearly a dozen Cable ACE Awards over the course of his nearly 50-year long career — died after being hospitalized in Los Angeles for complications due to Covid-19.

He had battled multiple health issues in recent years, including heart attacks, a stroke, diabetes and lung cancer. King was 87.

Allison Janney is revealing that a germaphobic costar once asked her to put on antibiotic ointment before an on-screen kissing scene.

And this incident, for the record, occurred before the coronavirus pandemic.

Todd Williamson/Shutterstock

"Even before COVID, I had a scene partner who I had to kiss with," she told Jimmy Kimmel. "And he was such a germaphobe, he would put Neosporin on his lips and ask me to put it on mine, too, before he would kiss me."

At the time, Allison said she was perplexed by the request and wasn't even sure that would stop the spread of germs.

"I took it very personally," she said. "I thought, 'What does he think I put in my mouth?' I don't know. It kind of unnerved me, but people are germaphobes."

Jimmy, clearly baffled, pressed Allison to name the person, joking that it was famed germaphobe Howie Mandel.

"You might think so, but no, it was not Howie Mandel," she said. "I will not say who it was."

Allison noted that the current production of "Mom," has precautions for things like kissing scenes.

"I get tested almost seven to eight times a week depending upon whether or not I'm going to be doing kissing scenes," she said.

Shannon Beador is answering the question that so many people had after the recent "Real Housewives of Orange County" reunion: What happened to her face?

It turns out, she got some bad face fillers.

"I wanted to look good for the reunion, so I went elsewhere to try a couple of natural and non-invasive treatments that have been very effective in tightening people's skin, but it didn't work at all on my skin," the reality TV star said on Instagram while touching her face.  "So, as the reunion was around the corner, it was suggested that I try a natural filler in my face and in my cheeks that stimulates the growth of collagen. And I was running out of time, so I said, 'Okay, go ahead and do it.'" 

Shannon admits that she didn't properly research the treatments like she normally does, and she's clearly displeased with the results.

"I'm having a really difficult time looking myself in the mirror," she said, noting that her boyfriend and kids have been supportive of her. "I don't recognize myself."

Broadimage/REX/Shutterstock

Shannon eventually went to a trusted clinic near her home to fix the botched filler work.

In an Instagram Stories video, Certified Nurse Practitioner Jennifer Rosenfeld said, "I'm injecting a product that dissolves filler and Shannon is being a great sport because this doesn't actually feel that great."

Shannon replied, "I'm good — anything to get rid of it."

Kaley Cuoco didn't sign up for her husband's new hairstyle. 

Late Thursday night, the "Big Bang Theory" actress posted a selfie in which her husband, Karl Cook, kisses her on the cheek… while sporting a mullet. 

"I don't remember saying 'in sickness and health oh and mullets,'" she captioned the Jan. 21 Instagram photo that shows her feigning a scared look.

Earlier in the day, the actress posted several videos of Karl's new 'do.

"I want the world to know I had nothing to do with this disgusting mullet," she said on her Instagram Story. "I am appalled and disturbed, and there aren't a lot of words."

Karl, waving his hair back and forth, said, "It was Kaley's idea. She loves my hair. It wouldn't have happened if she wasn't ok with it. You all know that."

AFF-USA/REX/Shutterstock

Afterward, she posted a video of her husband in equestrian attire while still sporting the mullet.

"Don't be jealous, ladies. Please try and contain yourselves," she joked. "He's taken. Sorry."

Karl, however, was living it up with his mullet, even getting a "blowout" from a leaf blower. 

"This is the only proper way to blow out a mullet, don't you think?" he said while getting blasted with air from the leaf blower. "I feel alive."

After over a year of radio silence on YouTube, Olivia Jade Giannulli is back on the vlog beat, but she doesn't want to "rehash" the scandal that sent both of her parents to prison.

Rob Latour/Shutterstock

The daughter of Mossimo Giannulli and Lori Loughlin vaguely touched on her parent's college admissions scandal while addressing her 1.86 million subscribers on Jan. 21, her first YouTube video since December 2019.

"I wanted to film this little intro part just because I didn't want it to, like, just start the vlog and me not address anything," she said. "Obviously did my 'Red Table Talk' interview and I think if you have any questions for me or you have anything to say or you're like, 'Why are you back?' you can go watch that interview. I think I kind of disclosed what I felt I needed to say on there."

KATHERINE TAYLOR/EPA-EFE/REX/Shutterstock

Back in March 2019, "Fuller House" star Lori and her husband were accused of paying a middleman $500,000 to get Olivia and her older sister, Bella, into the University of Southern California via its crew team, despite neither of the women having any real experience in rowing. Coincidentally, after getting accepted into USC, Olivia said she wasn't interested in school.

"I don't know how much of school I'm going to attend but I'm going to go in and talk to my deans and everyone and hope I can try and balance it all," she said in a since-deleted video from fall 2018. "But I do want the experience of game day and partying, I don't really care about school. As you guys all know."

In the midst of the scandal, Olivia went MIA on YouTube, and her parents eventually pleaded guilty. They were both sentenced to prison over the admissions scam.

Shutterstock

While both parents were incarcerated, Olivia did an interview on "Red Table Talk." 

"I don't mean to say that in a dismissive way or a pretentious way," she said in her new YouTube broadcast. "I think what I was trying to get across is that I felt like the thing I wanted to do the most is apologize for so long and I felt like I got to do that at 'Red Table.' And so although I can't change the past, I can change how I act and what I do going forward. I just didn't want anybody to take it the wrong way and it seemed like I was being like, 'I went on 'Red Table' and now my name is cleared.' Like no, that's not it."

"But just for my own mental sanity, I don't want to keep rehashing things," she continued in the new video. "I just want to move on and do better and move forward and come back and do what I love, which is YouTube. So you don't have to watch. Nobody's forcing you. But I didn't want that to be misread, okay? Enjoy."

Lori was released from prison on Dec. 28. Mossimo is currently imprisoned, but he is begging a judge to let him serve the rest of his five-month sentence at home. His team is arguing that the conditions in prison are "far more extreme than what the court recommended."

George Clooney has revealed that he wasn't exactly his best (or most sober) self while filming 1996's "One Fine Day."

Piers Allardyce/Shutterstock

While chatting with Michelle Pfeiffer, his co-star from the movie, as part of Variety's Actors on Actors series, he recalled one particular time during which he was drinking heavily with his pal Rande Gerber the night before filming.

"I was in New York, I was staying at the Morgans Hotel, and my friend Rande Gerber, who is my partner now in the tequila company [Casamigos] — I had the day off. So I had a few drinks," he said. "We stayed up and had a few vodkas or something. Then I came home at 1 in the morning. … I was pretty hammered."

"I woke up at 5 in the morning. I was like, 'I feel OK.' Then I looked in the mirror, and I was like, 'Oh, I'm still drunk,'" he continued. "I got to the set, and we walked to the trailer and I sat down and you looked at me. You go, 'What?' And I was like, 'I didn't know we were going to work today.' And you go, 'You're still drunk.' It's a scene we did in a oner where you and I are talking back and forth to each other. I kept trying to spray whatever mouth spray I could because I smelled like a…"

"Like a brewery," Michelle quipped.

George corrected her, claiming he smelt more like "a distillery."

Myles Aronowitz/20th Century Fox/Kobal/Shutterstock

Michelle also recalled the time the two-time Oscar winner came to the set with a facial injury.

"I took an elbow in the face from one of the crew members, and it broke my eye socket," George explained. "And I was like, 'I can still shoot.' I remember we actually shot scenes where we blocked half of my face with a kid."

Dustin Diamond has completed his first round of chemotherapy following his cancer diagnosis, and he will schedule another round in the near future, TMZ reports.

Jonathan Hordle/Shutterstock

The former "Saved by the Bell" star is still in the hospital as he deals with stage 4 small cell carcinoma, which is more commonly known as advanced lung cancer.

Dustin, who famously played Screech on the beloved teen sitcom, will begin physical therapy, his team tells the webloid. While recovering, Dustin is reading fan mail, learning new songs on his bass guitar, playing video games and making fan videos on social media.

The actor, TMZ said, "is keeping a positive outlook and is looking forward to spending more time with his girlfriend."

On Jan. 11, Dustin was hospitalized after feeling uneasy and experiencing pain all over his body. He also discovered a lump in his throat. Dustin's medical team felt it was "likely" cancer, and on Jan. 14, those fears were confirmed.

"It's serious, but we don't know how serious yet," his rep told EW at the time. "He's at an undisclosed hospital in Florida and will probably go home after treatments. We just want him to get well soon."

Moviestore/REX/Shutterstock

After his diagnosis, one of Dustin's "Bayside High" classmates revealed that he reached out to the ailing actor

"I connected with Dustin earlier this evening and although the news of his diagnosis is heartbreaking, we remain positive that he'll overcome this," Mario Lopez tweeted alongside two pictures from the nostalgia-inducing show on Jan. 15. "Praying for him & his family and for a speedy recovery. God Bless."

That same day, Tiffani Thiessen posted a photo of Dustin on her Instagram Story and wrote, "Thinking of you Dustin."

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Article From & Read More ( Spinderella trashes Salt-N-Pepa biopic - Wonderwall )
https://ift.tt/3pcmkXN
Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

Box Office: Michael B. Jordan’s ‘Creed III’ Grabs Title With Series-Best $51M Opening - Hollywood Reporter

Director-actor Michael B. Jordan ’s Creed III is a box office champ. If early estimates hold, the movie is on course to open to a better...

Postingan Populer