Rechercher dans ce blog

Sunday, December 4, 2022

Andrew Dominik Addresses Backlash Against Marilyn Monroe Picture ‘Blonde’ – Red Sea Film Festival - Deadline

Andrew Dominik shared his thoughts on the unexpected backlash against his Marylin Monroe drama Blonde during an In-Conversation event at the Red Sea International Film Festival on Sunday.

The feature, starring Ana de Armas as the tragic, iconic actress, divided critics when it world premiered at the Venice Film Festival in September and then received an avalanche of criticism when it dropped on Netflix on September 28,  

He admitted he had been taken aback by the response at first.

“I was expecting critical success, and then that no one would see the film. That’s what I’m kind of used to, films that have a positive critical reaction, and then people don’t see it.  Blonde was kind of the opposite, at least in America,” said Dominik. 

“America was where it was worst. They hated the movie. They were angry about the film. They were outraged by the film, but a lot of people saw it, so, I was kind of surprised by it.”

Dominik said he had not let the criticism get to him.

“Criticism only hurts if you agree with it. And I didn’t really agree with any of it. I think the film is great,” he said.

“You can’t really do other people’s thinking for them but I think when it comes to an iconic American, what they want is hagiographies, they want the celebration of that person, and a celebration of that person according to the mores of the time,” he said. 

He suggested his portrait of Monroe had not chimed with themes of female empowerment that are popular right now.

“We’re living at a time where it’s very important to present women as empowered, and they want to reinvent Marilyn Monroe as an empowered woman, you know, that’s what they want to see,” he continued.

“And if you’re not showing them that then it upsets them,” he added.  “Americans don’t really like you to monkey with their myths too much. They very often want to jump to the solution without actually looking at any of the trauma.”

Dominik batted back suggestions by critics of the film that he had exploited Monroe. 

“This is kind of strange because she is dead. The movie doesn’t make any difference to her in one way or another,” he said.

“What they really mean is that the film exploited their memory of her or their image of her, which is fair enough. That’s the whole idea of the movie, it’s trying to take the iconography of her life and put it into the service of something else. It’s trying to take things that you’re familiar with and turn the meaning of them inside out.”

Adblock test (Why?)

Article From & Read More ( Andrew Dominik Addresses Backlash Against Marilyn Monroe Picture ‘Blonde’ – Red Sea Film Festival - Deadline )
https://ift.tt/fPmYHt7
Entertainment

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Kylie Jenner, Travis Scott exude couple goals in adorable snaps - Geo News

Kylie Jenner caught attention as she put on a cosy display with her long-term boyfriend Travis Scott on Friday evening as she attended an Art Basel party in Miami Beach.

In the latest PDA-filled photos the beauty mogul, 25 wrapped her arms around the rapper as he nestled his head into her neck for a sweet hug.

Taking to the bash, hosted by Wayne and Cynthia Boich, Travis later performed alongside 50 Cent as Kylie was there to support.

She donned an oversized leather jacket for the appearance, pulling her raven locks into a half-bun.

Kylie kept her black sunglasses on while clutching a matching mini handbag in one hand and drinks glass in another - giving Travis a sip as she shared the drink.

Photo credits: DailyMail
Photo credits: DailyMail

The musician sported a black T-shirt with a red print design, adding silver chains as he shielded his face with a grey baseball cap.

The sweet couple appeared in high spirits at the party, whispering amongst one another as they shared a smile.

Kylie and Travis welcomed their daughter Stormi, four in February 2018 before becoming parents again earlier this year to a baby boy - whose name was initially Wolf, but is yet to be confirmed.

Adblock test (Why?)

Article From & Read More ( Kylie Jenner, Travis Scott exude couple goals in adorable snaps - Geo News )
https://ift.tt/gwBUAM3
Entertainment

Britney Spears Posts Tribute to Sister Jamie Lynn Spears on Her Birthday Following Public Feud - PEOPLE

Britney Spears appears to have buried the hatchet with sister Jamie Lynn Spears.

On Friday, Britney's 41st birthday, the singer-songwriter gave a special shout-out to her younger sister, 31, whom she had been publicly feuding with following the end of her 13-year conservatorship.

Alongside two photos of Jamie Lynn, the "...Baby One More Time" singer wrote in the caption, "It's my b-day but you're my heart so I'm thinking about you."

She added, "Congratulations on being so brave, inspiring, and showing guts and glory in your show 🎉 !!! You ain't alone … if anybody knows what that feels like … I get it 🤧🤧🤧 My baby sister !!! I love you !!!"

Britney's dedication to her sister came as a surprise to fans and followers. Earlier this year, Britney's lawyer, Mathew Rosengart, sent a cease-and-desist letter to Jamie Lynn demanding that she stop sharing stories about his client's life while promoting her memoir, Things I Should Have Said.

In response, Jamie Lynn's lawyer Bryan Freedmanfired fired back at Rosengart in a letter of his own, calling out the "vile statements" Britney posted to social media about her sister amid their feud, TMZ previously reported.

Jamie Lynn and Britney had been publicly sparring on social media, with the sisters clashing over claims in Jamie Lynn's memoir.

Britney accused her younger sister of trying to "sell a book at [her] expense" after Jamie Lynn shared stories of her childhood in interviews, including claims that Britney behaved "erratically" at times and once locked the two of them in a room with a knife.

In January, Jamie Lynn shared a message on Instagram insisting that she "is always here" for her older sister while explaining the accusations Britney posts on social media "don't match" what is said between the sisters in private.

"Brit, I am always here for you, you know behind the scenes I have always been here. It's become exhausting when conversations, and texts we have in private don't match what you post on social media," Jamie Lynn wrote, in part.

The "Gimme More" singer also marked her birthday with a photo of her and Sam Asghari that was captured during their wedding day.

In the snap, Spears and Asghari shared a kiss while standing in front of a flower wall. "The man I married 😍 !!! I'm so blessed !!!" Spears wrote alongside the picture.

Sam Asghari/instagram

Asghari, 28, also gave fans a peek into Spears' birthday celebration, sharing a video of cakes, pies, and brownies on display at famed Los Angeles bakery Sweet Lady Jane.

John Mayer's "Love on the Weekend" played over the clip as Asghari thanked the bakery.

It's been a big year for Spears, who made her long-awaited return to music in August. She teamed up with Elton John for "Hold Me Closer." It combines John's "Tiny Dancer" and "The One" with fresh, dance-pop production — and marked Spears' first release since the end of her conservatorship.

RELATED VIDEO: Sam Asghari Opens Up About His Marriage to Britney Spears: 'The Husband Thing Hasn't Hit Me'

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Spears posted on her Twitter account and shared her excitement with fans about the song and where she was in life.

She wrote in part, "Okie dokie … my first song in 6 years 🎶 !!!! It's pretty damn cool that I'm singing with one of the most classic men of our time … @eltonofficial 🚀!!!! I'm kinda overwhelmed… it's a big deal to me !!! I'm meditating more 🧘🏼‍♀️ and learning my space is valuable and precious !!!"

She continued, "I'm learning everyday is a clean slate to try and be a better person and do what makes me happy … yes I choose happiness today. I tell myself every day to let go of the hurt bitterness and try to forgive myself and others to what may have been hurtful. I want to be fearless like when I was younger and not be so scared and fearful. I pray there actually is truth to the Holy Spirit and I hope that spirit is with my children as well !!! Yes … I choose happiness and joy today ☀️ !!!?"

Adblock test (Why?)

Article From & Read More ( Britney Spears Posts Tribute to Sister Jamie Lynn Spears on Her Birthday Following Public Feud - PEOPLE )
https://ift.tt/IeVYUB1
Entertainment

See Kim Kardashian Hit Miami With Karlie Kloss and Khloe Kardashian - E! NEWS

Kim Kardashian is in Miami mode. 

The Kardashians star stepped out in the Magic City on Dec. 1—two days after her divorce from Kanye West was finalized—for a night out on the town during Art Basel 2022.

Kim joined sister Khloe Kardashian at W Magazine and Burberry's Art Basel party, where she posed for a pic with model Karlie Kloss and the magazine's editor Sara Moonves

The SKIMS founder rocked a bandeau top and superhero-esque trousers, pairing her look with edgy chunky boots and dark sunglasses. She also made a big change to her style by swapping her platinum blonde hair for honey-colored locks, which resembled Khloe's signature 'do. Her hairstylist, Chris Appleton, dubbed the new tresses in an Instagram post: "Honey 4 Miami."

Khloe, meanwhile, donned a sleek black bodysuit with a zip front, which hugged all her curves.

As for Karlie, who welcomed son Levi with Joshua Kushner last year, she kept it comfy in a white tank top with flared Burberry trousers as she snapped pics with Kim and Serena Williams at the artsy event.

Adblock test (Why?)

Article From & Read More ( See Kim Kardashian Hit Miami With Karlie Kloss and Khloe Kardashian - E! NEWS )
https://ift.tt/Uq6EHn9
Entertainment

Friday, December 2, 2022

Jennifer Garner twins with daughter Violet, 17, at White House state dinner - Page Six

Jennifer Garner and her daughter Violet matched in black at the White House state dinner Thursday night.

The teenager sported a heart-printed Carolina Herrera dress during the rare appearance on her 17th birthday.

Violet, who carried a matching clutch to the event, wore red Stuart Weitzman heels and her hair slicked back in a bun.

As for Garner, the “13 Going on 30” star stunned in her own pair of Stuart Weitzman platforms, along with a black Ralph Lauren gown with sequin details.

The mother-daughter pair were photographed sweetly holding hands and smiling at the star-studded Washington, D.C. event.

Twitter users raved over the dazzling duo.

“Violet looks great,” one fan gushed.

Jennifer Garner and daughter Violet
Jennifer Garner and daughter Violet held hands at the White House State dinner.
AFP via Getty Images

Other celebrity guests ranged from pregnant Chrissy Teigen and John Legend to Lupita Nyong’o and Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

Garner and ex-husband Ben Affleck’s other two children — Seraphina, 13, and Samuel, 10 — were absent from the dinner.

The former couple were married from 2005 to 2018. Garner, 50, has since moved on with on-again, off-again boyfriend John Miller, while Affleck wed Jennifer Lopez in July.

The “Let’s Get Loud” singer called Garner a “amazing” co-parent in an October interview with Vogue.

Jennifer Garner and daughter Violet
Garner shares her daughter, as well as Seraphina and Samuel, with ex-husband Ben Affleck.
FilmMagic

“They work really well together,” the Grammy winner, who is the mother of twins Emme and Maximilian, gushed of the exes last month.

Affleck, for his part, gave rare insight into his and Garner’s dynamic while raising Violet, Seraphina and Samuel in a candid interview last year.

Celebrity Sightings In Paris - July 23th, 2022
Affleck is now married to Jennifer Lopez.

GC Images

Celebrity Sightings In Paris - July 24th, 2022
Affleck is now married to Jennifer Lopez.

GC Images

Up Next

"I'm, like, on their level," the "Bless This Mess" alum...

2

View Slideshow

It’s important to have two parents for the rearing and upbringing of a child,” the Oscar winner explained to WSJ. Magazine in December 2021. “The most important thing to me is to be a good father.”

That same month, the “Tender Bar” star told “Good Morning America” viewers that he is at his “happiest” with the little ones.

“My life is better … when I am around [them],” the Golden Globe winner said, noting that his brood gives his life the most “worth.”

Adblock test (Why?)

Article From & Read More ( Jennifer Garner twins with daughter Violet, 17, at White House state dinner - Page Six )
https://ift.tt/ZdcTiWA
Entertainment

Thursday, December 1, 2022

Al Roker back in the hospital after complications from blood clots - CNN

CNN  — 

Al Roker’s “Today” family is sending him love after he has been readmitted to a hospital.

His colleague Hoda Kotb mentioned on air Thursday morning that it was wonderful hosting the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade last week, but “we all wish that Al could have been with us.”

The famed “Today” meteorologist missed the event for the first time in 27 years as he was recovering from a blood clot in his leg having traveled to his lungs.

Kotb said on Thursday that “due to some complications” Roker was back in the hospital and “and he’s in very good care.”

“He’s resting and his doctors are keeping a close eye on him,” she said. “Al and his family want everybody to know how grateful they are for all the love, the support and the well wishes.”

Kotb said she and their colleague Craig Melvin had Facetimed with Roker when they were at the parade and “he gave us a big thumbs up.”

Roker had previously shared a post on his verified Instagram account to celebrate being released from the hospital in time to make it home for Thanksgiving.

“So very #thankful to be able to be home for #thanksgiving #dinner with #family,” the caption read on a pair of family photos posted.

CNN has reached out to reps for Roker for comment.

CNN’s Kristina Sgueglia contributed to this story.

Adblock test (Why?)

Article From & Read More ( Al Roker back in the hospital after complications from blood clots - CNN )
https://ift.tt/xoYqDgL
Entertainment

Royal Family news LIVE: Ngozi Fulani speaks after Lady Susan Hussey race row - Daily Mail

Search

Featured Post

Box Office: Michael B. Jordan’s ‘Creed III’ Grabs Title With Series-Best $51M Opening - Hollywood Reporter

Director-actor Michael B. Jordan ’s Creed III is a box office champ. If early estimates hold, the movie is on course to open to a better...

Postingan Populer